Since I've launched my Patreon page, it's been a welcome boost of productivity. I am working hard to improve my skills before beginning work on some original ideas.
Welcome to Phase I of my evil plan. What is that you may ask, well, it's to research and you guessed it, practice, practice practice. Chuck Jones turned out to be one of many heroes I had as a kid. His work was my favorite of all the Warner Brothers artists. One of the characters from that era was Witch Hazel. I loved her. What a kook. Such great characterization.
Before I start work on my own stories in full force, Phase I is all about finding my finding and improving my own style. I'll be producing as many studies as I can and clean them up to a "final sketch" in Adobe Illustrator (my favorite software ever...) to share with you.
|My original sketch I used as a foundation to create the final|
Here's what I did here:
1. Spent 20 minutes sketching various poses from a warner Bros. Model sheet.
2. Without overthinking, I sketched my own original pose of Witch Hazel.
3. After scanning it, I placed into Adobe Illustrator and cleaned it up as line art.
4. I googled a still from the original cartoon to pull out the color palette.
5. I adjusted a few brushes to give the line art some varied weight.
6. After getting the line work the way I wanted, just added color and voila!
I hope you will enjoy these. More to follow soon!